Monday, December 5, 2011

Dorothy's Ruby Slippers to be Auctioned Off

Personally, my favorite movie of all time is The Wizard of OZ.  I used to dress up as Dorothy all through pre-school.  Every time my feet grew, I would get a new pair of sparkly red mary jane flats.  A family friend even took a pair and placed them in an engraved plexi-glass box with my name and the words, "There's no place like home."  I was ecstatic when my mom took me to see a pair at the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History when I was in 5th grade.  Safe to say I was obsessed with being Dorothy Gale.

Next week, Profiles in History will be auctioning off one of four pairs of ruby slippers worn by Judy Garland on screen.  These particular shoes are the ones worn in the scene where Dorothy clicks her heels together three times to return home to Kansas.  They are estimated to be sold for $2 million to $3 million.  




Profiles in History is also auctioning off the THE COWARDLY LION COSTUME FROM THE WIZARD OF OZ


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...