Monday, November 21, 2011

Cool New Sleep/Alarm App on iPhone!

I just discovered this app called 'Sleep Cycle' this past week.  When you go to sleep, you put it next to your pillow and it measures your sleep pattern by the movement in your bed.  I used it throughout the week to see how much I really slept.  It wasn't 100 percent accurate, but it was interesting to see my sleep cycles throughout each night.  I was a little uncomfortable to have my phone right next to my head, so I set it to airplane mode.  You set the alarm to the time you want to get up, and the app wakes you up when it decides you are in the optimal sleep cycle.  For example: if I'm in a light sleep cycle, it will wake me up up to 30 minutes before my set alarm time. You can either choose a soothing sound from the app to wake you up or select a song from your own music.


 After I saw how few hours of sleep I got each night, I made it a point to go to bed earlier this week.  We'll see how I do!  Let me know if you decide to try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...